Saturday, August 12, 2006

A&S pictures! Whooo hoo!


My friend Kate took pictures of me teaching a class on urine and poo. Here is a picture of me with my mouth closed. It is wide open in the other pictures.

It was a gorgeous day and the classes were loads of fun. My parents and neice even showed up! My step-mom is determined to spin wool. She bought a spinning wheel from New Zealand and plans on doing it. I tried to talk her into spinning some wool for me so I could dye it in indigo. She keeps wrinkling her nose about the urine. I don't know why.



This is a close up picture of the verdigris I made in a jar at home with my very own pee. This does not show the color well-enough. I will get another picture later. Unfortunately, it is in my truck which is at the shop right now.

I am really stoked about the color and I plan on making something with it in the future. I may just be a little panel with only verdigris on it, but I wanted to show everyone what it looked like. I think it turned out really well. I hope to scrape some bits off for Master JimBear. YAY for giving presents!


This is the coyote head I got from Wolf and D out in New Jersey. I had the opportunity to finally meet them face to face two weeks ago. After all these years of emailing back and forth, we finally hooked up in DC. I was beyond thrilled. I carefully didn't mention our poo leather exploits until they brought it up and complained about the stench! HA! I did thank them again and I will be foisting my glass beads on them.

No comments: